About her: Since 2004, Ms. Sajida is a committed and result oriented social activist and Founder Director, of Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation. She has maintained a network of women activists in her city to show solidarity in women’s issues – “female foeticide”, “Women’s Safety”, “Women Empowerment” in interiors of Aligarh, UP”. She has made many charitable
contributions with hospitals for poor patients in the form of providing medical aid and appliances and distributed
Scholarships, bicycles and sewing machines to poor girls/separated/divorced/widowed women in locals of Aligarh.
Besides this, Wheel Chairs, Tricycles and Scooter have aslo been donated every year to poor visually challenged students and others.
Ms. Sajida has been been running ZHF Sewing Training Centre for women to make them self dependent, ZHF Coaching & Guidance Centre for Poor students and Charitable Ambulance Facility for poor patients in Aligarh District.
She is extremely passionate about education of girls and the issue of widely prevalent malnutrition among women and children. was instrumental in bringing positive energy and ideas to ‘Health Awareness’ and ‘Creation of Livelihood options’ programs.
She has the unique ability of connecting the dots. During a nutrition awareness camp, She came up with an idea of providing training to people in food preservation. I effectively persuaded the Executive Committee arguing that, while these trainings could help overcome the problem of seasonal non-availability of certain food items, they can also be a
source of employment to women.
For last three years, She had been engaged in Career Counseling of poor girls. She frequently visits in different schools in BPL areas and motivate girls for education. In case of financial obstacles, she does make connectivity for
their uniform, books as well as fee.
She has been actively involved in volunteering for and organizing several health camps.
Read her full Interview here:
Dear SHE, on behalf of all the readers, public, families, friends and your well-wishers, we would like to discuss something about you and of course, your journey as well. This conversation will help readers to know more about you and your journey. Please give answers to the attached answers in brief.
So let’s start now…….
The Spirit Mania: Most welcome to The Spirit Mania. We heartily congratulate you for being an INFLUENTIAL WOMEN OF THE YEAR 2K20. It’s really a great achievement. First thing, we would like to know about your basic info as a person, daily life, career so far and anything you would like to share about you with your readers and your well-wishers and also with us.
Full Name: SAJIDA NADEEM
WhatsApp No. 9045829131
Mobile No. 9411413466
City/State: Aligarh/Uttar Pradesh
Category: Social Work
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/aligarhzhf.org/
Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiax-IwXK9WqpvtQg5RQw0w
The Spirit Mania: Please tell us something about your journey of becoming an author/blogger/teacher and other fields in which you are working? When you actually started your journey and how was the circumstance? Did any person or situation influenced you to become what you are today?
Voluntary associated with Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation, Aligarh. (An ISO certified, Registered Society for the Promotion of Health, Education, Sports and General Welfare) as Founder Director since 2004 and playing leading role in organizing different activities like Seminars/Conferences/Workshops, Health Camps, Diarrhea Awareness Camps, Blood Donation Camps, Plantation Camps, Pulse Polio Camps, Drugs Awareness Camps, Aids/Appliances Distribution Camps, Students’ counseling Camps/ Women’s Counseling Camps etc.
POSITIONS HELD IN DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION & OTHERS
Member, Advisory Committee, PCPNDT, Aligarh Commissionary, Aligarh
Founder Director, ZHF Women Empowerment Cell, Aligarh
General Secretary, Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation, Aligarh
Team Leader, All Ladies League (ALL-Aligarh Chapter)
Digital Volunteer, UP Police
Executive Member, School Management Committee, ATMPS since 2013 till date
Since 2004, I started my individual effort of activism to address social problems. I am the Member of Advisory Committee, PCPNDT, Aligarh Commissionary, Aligarh and Founder Member of Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation, Aligarh. I am the Executive Members – Parents‟ Representative of School Management Committee of Ayesha Tarin Modern Public School, Aligarh.
I have maintained a network of women activists in my city to show solidarity in women’s issues – “female feticide”, “Women‟s Safety”, “Women Empowerment” in interiors of Aligarh, UP”. We have made many charitable contributions with hospitals for poor patients in the form of providing medical aid and appliances and distributed Scholarships, bicycles and sewing machines to poor girls/separated/divorced/widowed women in locals of Aligarh. Besides this, Wheel Chairs, Tricycles and Scooter have aslo been donated every year to poor visually challenged students and others.
I am a committed and result oriented social activist associated with Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation as General Secretary since 2004 and as Founder Director, Women Empowerment Cell. I have been closely attached with social welfare activities ever since.
I have been running ZHF Sewing Training Centre for women to make them self dependent, ZHF Coaching & Guidance Centre for Poor students and Charitable Ambulance Facility for poor patients in Aligarh District.
I am extremely passionate about education of girls and the issue of widely prevalent malnutrition among women and children. I was instrumental in bringing positive energy and ideas to „Health Awareness‟ and
„Creation of Livelihood options‟ programs.
I have the unique ability of connecting the dots. During a nutrition awareness camp, I came up with an idea of providing training to people in food preservation. I effectively persuaded the Executive Committee arguing that, while these trainings could help overcome the problem of seasonal non-availability of certain food items, they can also be a source of employment to women.
For last three years, I have been engaged in Career Counseling of poor girls. I do frequently visit in different schools in BPL areas and motivate girls for education. In case of financial obstacles, I do make connectivity for their uniform, books as well as fee.
I have been actively involved in volunteering for and organizing several health camps.
Many times, I have also impressed with my organizational abilities and organized Seventeen National / Regional Seminars/Conferences/Symposium till date.
Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation is a Registered, ISO certified, non-political, non-governmental and self funding organization. Foundation is dedicated to help the poor and downtrodden sections by supporting the cause and concerns of their socioeconomic development and empowerment. Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation strives for the growth and uplift of Below Poverty Line families through its self less service and the guiding principle that SERVICE TO HUMAN BEING IS SERVICE TO GOD. We are making sincere efforts to educate each and every fellow human being and awaken them to come forward and live in a world where color, caste, religion is no bar. Understanding and amity among the followers of different religions cannot bring about by the Government alone; it is also the responsibility of each citizen. We are making these humble efforts to spread the message of communal harmony in the country.
- Charitable Ambulance Faciltiy
Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation has been running Charitable Ambulance Facility for poor patients in very nominal charges/no charges.
- Sewing Training Centre
Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation has been running a Sewing Training Centre for Poor Women. In this
Centre, all the raw material even needle is provided
by Foundation to these women and after completing training, a Sewing Machine is also gifted to each one of them along with Training Completion Certificate as they may able to earn at their own.
- Vocational Training Centre
Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation has recently established a Vocational Training Centre, in which short term courses of Recycling, Drawing & Painting, Self-Grooming, Personality Development, Pickle/Jam Making, Inerior Decoration, Computer Skills, Health & Hygiene awareness etc. courses are to be started.
- Coaching & Guidance Centre
Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation has been running a Coaching & Guidance Centre for students at nominal fees, wherein, students from Class IX to XII have been prepared for appearing in different competitive exams and regular courses.
- GIFT A LIFE PROGRAM
( A Series of Diarrhea Awareness Health Camps
Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation has arranged a Series of Diarrhea Awareness Camps with the name GIFT A LIFE PROGRAM in different below poverty line areas with partial sponsorship of different branches of SBI and distributed free ORS packets, and anti-diarrheal syrups and tablets.
- Free General Health Camps
Arranged many Free health camps in different remote areas / School of Aligarh and distributed free medicines.
- Pulse Polio Camps
Arranged Pulse Polio Camps in different colonies and Mohallas, aware public and given Polio drops to children upto 5 years.
- Orthopedic Camps
Arranged in below Poverty line areas and given free prescription
- Pregnant Ladies Check-up Camps
Arranged free check-up camps in below poverty line areas
- Vaccination Camps
Arranged Vaccinations Camps for kids.
- Charitable Clinics
Run Charitable Clinics in Jeewan Garh, Jamalpur and Bhagwan Garhi
- Blood Donation Camps With the name
LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Arrange Blood Donations Camps with the name “LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE” and donated more than 100 units blood to J. N. Medical College, AMU, Aligarh
- Free Health & Life Insurance
Distributed more than 100 Free Health & Life Insurance in collaboration with Oriental Insurance Company Ltd., Centre Point, Aligarh to poor people.
- Awareness Campaigns on
Arranged many awareness camps and displayed banners and distributed Pamphlets/ handouts to aware general public.
- Financial Assistance other than Dowry to Poor Girls
Given assistance other than dowry to poor girls in their marriage
- Medical Assistance
Given medical assistance to many poor patients in arranging their medicines , fruits, x-rays, ultra-sound etc.
Assisting the education of the children of the migrant and the marginalized sections of our society. Contributions have been made in the form of sponsorships, books and uniforms. The foundation also provides a lending hand to families on the financial ‘cliff-edge’ through quality healthcare and social welfare
- Distribution of Personal Materials like blanket, clothes
Donated Blankets, clothes and other things to poor as and when needed
- Awareness Campaigns among students by arranging Competitions
Aware and sensitize students by arranging Drawing, painting and poster making competitions like Drug Addiction, female foeticide, World Health Day, Global Warming, and Communal Harmony etc.
- Plantation Programme With rising awareness of the value of greenery, we also taken into consideration the need for planting trees in different parts of Aligarh City. To begin with, we planted 100 Herbal plants in Sir Syed House area in order to alert people about the effects of exploitation of environment and the importance of
Distribution of Aids/Appliances to Poor & Needy among visually challenged people
Donated Tri-Cycles to poor and needy visually challenged people to make self dependent and Wheel Chairs/Stretchers to Orphanage, Aligarh Station, Aligarh Jail etc.
Distribution of Sewing Machines Donated sewing machines to widows and poor
section of the society, this offers them a major source to become financially self-dependent.
Distribution of DESKITS to Poor Students
Distributed Free DESKITS – specially designed school bags by IIT Kanpur for underprivileged children.
A bag alongwith Table
Encouraging and motivating Students by awarding them.
PENTAGON EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Encouraged people who have made significant differences to this society with their hardwork, noble and social contributions by distributed Pentagon Awards for rendering excellent services in Five Core fields of Health, Education, Social Work, Media and General Welfare
WOMEN LEADERSHIP AWARD/WOMEN PRIDE AWARD/WOMEN ACHIEVERS
example for other women to break glass ceiling. Encouraging and motivating Women by awarding them to set an
Organized Annual Seminars on burning concerns that touch the lives of many. Past years have witnessed several important issues such as –
- National Development: Uplift of the weaker sections of the Society
- Communal Harmony for National Integration – A Social Responsibility
- Female Foeticide: A Blot on Mankind
- Women’s Safety: Responsibility of Society
- Child Advocacy: A Need of Contemporary Society
- Juvenile Crime :Global Dimensions
- Water Conservation And Impact of Climate Change on Environment
- Vulnerability of the Contemporary Women: Current Scenario
- Corruption: An Obstacle in National Growth
- Drug Addiction: A Growing Menance
- Humanity: Priority, Need & Relevance
- Maintaining Peace and Communal Harmony: Role and Mutual Responsibilities
- Healthy Minds For Healthy Nation
- Sir Syed Vision And Efforts for Women’s Education.
- Social Media: Issues & Challenges
- Women Empowerment and Progressive Social Change
- Emerging Need For Women’s Leadership in
Emerging Need For Women’s Leadership in Current Scenario
Honours / Awards /Achievements:
- Recipient of “First Position –Social Work Category” in WE-PITCH, Aligarh organized by Womennovator, Delhi on 23.02.2020
- Recipient of “TORCH BEARER AWARD-2020 by India Talent Treasure Trust, Gurugram
- Recipient of “WOMEN LEADERSHIP AWARD-2020” on 05.01.2020 by ZHF, Aligarh
- Recipient of “SAMVIDHAN KA SAMMAN AWARD-2020” on 26.01.2020 by Radio Current, Aligarh
- Recipient of “ALIGARH KHEL RATAN SAMMAN – 2019” by MSWS, Delhi, Aligarh Administration and State Olympic Association, Aligarh on 13.12.2019.
- Recipient of “50 ICONIC PERSONALITIES OF INDIA”-2019 by Exotic Entertainment, Delhi
- Recipient of “NAARI SHAKTI AWARD – 2019” by RDC, Delhi
- Recipient of “PRATIGYA – Social Impact Award – 2019” on 30.06.2019 given by Celebrity Chief Guest Dia Mirza at Hotel Radisson Blue, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi
- Recipient of “APRAJITA – Women Achievers Award-2019” on 27.03.2019 at the occasion of International Women Day organized by AMAR UJALA
- Recipient of “Women Achievement Award-2019” on International Women Day by Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation on 24.03.2019.
- Recipient of “Women Pride Award – 2019” on International Women Day celebrated as KHADIJA DAY in Kaifi Azmi Academy on 07.03.2019 organized by AVADHNAMA, Lucknow.
- Recipient of “Greh Lakshmi Award – 2019” organized by Greh Lakshmi Foundation on 02.02.2019 for contributing in Women Empowerment related social activities.
- Recipient of “ALIGARH RATAN AWARD-2018” by UP Rajya Mantri organized by Vyapar Udyog Mandal, Aligarh on 29th October, 2018 in Exhibition Ground, Aligarh.
- Recipient of “BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO AWARD” in 2018 Organized by AMAR UJALA
- Recipient of “Kanya Shiksha Avum Mahila Samman Tatha Surksha” in 2018 organized by HINDUSTAN
- Recipient of “Women Pride Award -2019” organized by Dr. Zakir Hussain Foundation, Aligarh on 14.04.2018 in Boys Polytechnic, A.M.U., Aligarh.
- Received “Rolling Trophy” by ZHF in University Boys Polytechnic, AMU for rendering excellent services in January, 2018
- Recipient of “ALIGARH RATAN AWARD-2016” (Second Category) for Women Empowerment by Pt. Mohan Lal Gautam Memorial Society.
- Recipient of Award by Smt. Salma Ansari for providing excellent services in women safety and Female Foeticide.
- Invited by Prasar Bharti, All India Radio for discussing various Women’s Issues.
- Felicitated four times with different Vice Chancellor, AMU for promoting Child education specially girls.
- Recipient of an AWARD FOR RENDERING Health Care SERVICES by Shri Subodh Kant Sahai, Constitution Club, Delhi.
- Felicitated by Mr. Shahid Siddiqui, M.P., Rajya Sabha for providing Social Services.
The Spirit Mania: Please tell the readers something about your interest in the respective field. What is your message to those readers who are trying to do the best in your field?
Answer: “If the will to achieve something is embedded in the soul, everything is Possible”
The Spirit Mania: And yes, the most important thing we would like to hear from you is what is your message to those girls and women who are suffering from any problem in their journey to achieve something big? You have been their source of motivation, please convey your thoughts with them.
Answer: I would only say to please believe in yourself first. Don’t be disheartened in any of the situations, the show must go on. If you come across a problem, don’t cry, just think the way to come out of your trauma. Believe me, every problem has solution.You can make a difference by just setting your goal. Your hardwork, consistency, honesty and never giving up attitude will surely give you a special place in society. Each one of has an ability. Try to findout your ability and go to polish and utilize it in correct way.
The Spirit Mania: Being one of the Influential Women; what type of changes do you want in your society as well as with respect to women?
Answer: Women should be provided with opportunities to be at Leadership positions within the organizations without any gender bias to meet the demand of a balance at socio-economic and political structure.
Great! We have come to the end of our interview session.