1.Take us through the journey of writing your book. Answer: It all get started in May 2017 during the summer vacation in my school. I started my blogging journey in that time and the niche of my blog was poetry and essay on social issues. The love and appreciation from my readers and followers inspired me to work on my dream of writing my own book. In July 2018, I published my first book on poetry “Her Random Thoughts.
- Tell us something about your book.
Answer: “Her Random Thoughts” is all about the unsaid feeling and thought of any random girl with whom we come across daily. But, sometimes we fail to understand their silence and emotional crisis lying underneath of their smiles and jovial outlook.
3.It’s a saying that writers are another creators. Do you agree with it?Answer: I agree with this statement. A writer helps a reader to know and to make out the things, the people and their daily life stories more properly. It makes them feel connected with the characters and their own self as a part of this mankind.
4.Your inspiration besides your family?Answer: After starting my blogging journey in May 2017 I got nominated for two online virtual blogging awards for my blog (The Unconditional Thinker) just after few months. Two fellow bloggers from Nigeria and US nominated me for Leibster’s Award and Sunshine Bloggers Award. That was a huge inspiration for me in my initial days. After that I got a huge inspiration from my “Yourdreamtale” team. Being an editor of this website (www.yourdreamtale.com) I always got support, love and inspiration to write more from my team which is like second family for me now
5.Tell us something about yourself. Answer: A teacher, a blogger turned author of a book. I am just like a girl with whom everyone come across every now and then in their daily life. I am a girl who loves to explore the difference and diversities of human nature and their needs in the time of their emotional crisis.
6.By holding your own book is a special feelings always. For you, how was that feeling?Answer: It was just like a dream come true moment for me. I felt like “Yeah!! Finally I did it”. The level of happiness, self-satisfaction and positive vibes that were pouring into my mind cannot be explained by word. I was on cloud nine.
7.Who is your favorite author and what is your favorite book? Answer: Being a Bangali I have mostly read Bengali authors and poet from my childhood. I can name Sharat Chandra Chattopadhay, Satyajit Roy as my favorite authors and Satyendranath Dutta is my favourite poet. I loved Amish Tripathi’s Shiva Trilogy too.
8.Share some memories (good and bad both) of your reader’s response. Answer: I consider myself to be lucky enough for not meeting with any bad memories regarding my writing career till now. The love and the reactions I get daily from my readers (both my book and blog) makes me feel honored. Actually the words from them are those positive vibes that keep my pen going.
- What are your other hobbies?
Answer: I was avidly known for my mimicries in my school days. I am sure my teachers will forgive me for that as they always did but I used to be quite a famous for doing mimicry of my teachers and sometimes few of my friends. Apart from that I love singing and reading books on detective stories and mythology
10. What is your next plan of writing?Answer: “Her Random Thoughts” is a poetry book so I have started working on my next book which is going to be a story book this time.
11. Do you ever feel like writing is tough? Answer: In never felt like that
12.When did you realize that language has some power to bind hearts?Answer: I realized it during my school days when I was in my twelfth standard.
13. Which genre you prefer the most for writing?Answer: I prefer to write poetry. I think it has the power to convey a whole story and even a lifetime experience in few lines.
14. What challenges did you face while writing and getting published?Answer: “Her Random Thoughts” was my first published work so I was a bit nervous about how the readers are going to react on the poetry of a newcomer poet. But the support and love from my mother and my publishing house (Notion Press) helped me through out to face those challenges.
15. Few words for your lovely readers? Answer: No word is enough to thank them. They believed in me and my creative ability. The love and support they showed to me is priceless. I am so amazed and consider myself to be lucky enough that I got the chance to offer them something from my basket of thoughts.